Re: Minutes of an Ubuntu-Debian discussion that happened at Debconf

Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, MJ Ray wrote:
> > Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
> > > 4. Debian should provide patches of changes between two revisions of a
> > > package to make it easier for derivatives to track Debian. [...]
> > Is this an automated debdiff or what?
>
> It's the idea, yes. Except that for new upstream version it needs to be a
> bit clever to provide only changes to the packaging and not upstream
> change.

v1src=$(mktemp -d -t)
v2src=$(mktemp -d -t)
dpkg-source -x -su v1.dsc $v1src
dpkg-source -x -su v2.dsc $v2src
combinediff <((debdiff v1.dsc v2.dsc)) <((diff -ruN $v2src.orig $v1src.orig))
# not right, but hopefully not far off

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU
> MOTU are the Ubuntu developers working on their universe component (and
> "Ubuntu core developers" can work on everything).

Thanks for the answer.  It's some sort of Ubuntu developer.  Any more
than that and I'm probably going to get more questions than I need.

Best wishes,
--
MJR/slef
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/