Re: Information abount packages.d.o and experimental
- To: Anders Breindahl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, Lionel Elie Mamane <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jeroen van Wolffelaar <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Information abount packages.d.o and experimental
- From: Frank Lichtenheld <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:50:04 +0100
- Message-id: <20060129135004.GD29075@djpig.de>
- Mail-followup-to: Anders Breindahl <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Lionel Elie Mamane <email@example.com>, Jeroen van Wolffelaar <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20060129000225.GB2942@skrewz.dk>
- References: <email@example.com> <20060108014705.GH13238@A-Eskwadraat.nl> <20060128200154.GA25558@capsaicin.mamane.lu> <20060129000225.GB2942@skrewz.dk>
On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 01:02:25AM +0100, Anders Breindahl wrote:
> On 2006-01-28 2101, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 02:47:05AM +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > > On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 10:45:52AM +0100, Noèl Köthe wrote:
> > >> is it possible to get information about the problem with packages.d.o
> > > packages.debian.org was disabled because the load of the machine hosting
> > > it, saens.debian.org, which also is our only ftp.debian.org at the
> > > moment, rose to 141.32, 135.82, 135.71, as on January 4th, due to
> > > amongst others a cron job from packages.debian.org started in 2005 still
> > > running -- and probably more. packages.debian.org was already very slow
> > > for days, as multiple people noticed on IRC.
> > You may want to put a pointer to http://packages.qa.debian.org or
> > http://qa.debian.org/developer.php instead, which provides part of the
> > information packages.debian.org used to.
> Which reminds me; is there going to be a permanent solution to this, or
> is packages.d.o being migrated out of service?
Yeah, there will be a permanent solution and we're working on it.
Frank Lichtenheld <firstname.lastname@example.org>