Re: Reducing my involvement in Debian

Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:

> [0] Including assuming dictatorial power:
>
>     http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2005/12/the_security_th_1.html
>
>     The definition of 'dictatorial' given here is worth noting, even
>     if you don't read the rest of it. quis custodiet ipsos custodes?=20

"The very definition of a dictatorship is a system that puts a ruler
above the law". Just to clear up any conflusion, as is documented in the
Debian constitution any decision made by the DPL or any delegates
(including the mailing list admins) may be overruled by a simple
majority in a GR. I'm not quite sure how that could be considered "above
the law".

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.project@srcf.ucam.org