Re: Reducing my involvement in Debian

* Matthew Garrett (mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk) [060116 12:38]:
> Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > [0] Including assuming dictatorial power:
> >
> >     http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2005/12/the_security_th_1.html
> >
> >     The definition of 'dictatorial' given here is worth noting, even
> >     if you don't read the rest of it. quis custodiet ipsos custodes?=20
>
> "The very definition of a dictatorship is a system that puts a ruler
> above the law". Just to clear up any conflusion, as is documented in the
> Debian constitution any decision made by the DPL or any delegates
> (including the mailing list admins) may be overruled by a simple
> majority in a GR. I'm not quite sure how that could be considered "above
> the law".

Though of course some delegates of the DPL could influence who could
vote in that GR (not that I assume that the current ones would do that,
but this seems to be a flaw that the constitution doesn't regulate at
all how people can become and loose developer status).

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/