Re: Pledge To Killfile Andrew Suffield

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 04:32:52PM -0400, Michael Poole wrote:
> Andrew Suffield writes:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 11:09:16PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> >> My response is simply
> >> this: it's lies. I challenge anybody who thinks otherwise to present
> >> evidence.
> >
> > So far (three days) we've had one person try, and give up after I
> > explained every case. I think that says a lot for the accuracy of the
> > accusations.
>
> It says a lot more about how much you regularly misrepresent plain
> writing to put your spin on issues.  You think you rebutted my
> arguments; I think you actually illustrated that I was correct from
> the start.  The real reason I gave up is that it is clear that neither
> of us is convincing the other.

This is not a game, and it's not a debate; I do not have to convince
you. Back up your accusations or abandon them. If you don't back them
up, "innocent until proven guilty" says they aren't valid.

> Descending to your flawed level of rhetoric, it is also telling that
> nobody else has stepped up to argue that your posts were acceptable.

I have asked people not to do that (at least, I think I've asked
people; if I missed anybody: please don't). I shall not permit this to
be reduced to a popularity contest or a vote. These are issues of
fact, not opinion.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |