Re: Google ads on debian.org

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:27:15 -0500, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> said:

> Perhaps not, as I said, I thought it'd be an interesting discussion,
> not that we should go out and market it as a new Debian thing to do.
> I don't mind valid critiques of why something isn't workable, I do
> mind knee-jerk reactions of "I'll quit if Debian does that."

	Is someone quitting? Hay, maybe we are getting close to a
 release. On the other hand, trivializing objections people have to
 commercialization of Debian does not advance your cause.  I do have
 objections to Debian starting down this path, and for precisely the
 same reasons: I think that the influx of money would make it hard to
 prevent abuse, or the appearance of abuse, and the resulting ill-will
 would be detrimental to the project.

	manoj
--
A kind of Batman of contemporary letters. Philip Larkin on Anthony
Burgess