Re: Google ads on debian.org

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 05:08:41PM +0000, Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader wrote:

> Normally, I reply to advertising requests on debian.org with a polite
> "no".  However, given that google ads are widely considered different
> to normal ads, and might even enhance a web site, I thought I'd ask on
> -project to see what other people think.

Is it even allowed for a non-profit to run ads for profit?  I admit
that a small part of me is curious what ads would come up, but
another, larger part of me says that this is just a bad idea.  At the
very least, we should run it by the lawyers before taking any such
action, and even if they say it's ok (and won't jeopardize SPI's
non-profit status), I would still be very reluctant to take such a
step.  It seems like a bad precedent.

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single