Re: why Ian Jackson won't discuss the "disputes" document draft with me

 Raul> On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 01:27:23PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >> Can I too start writing up documents and claim that they ar4e
 >> joint recommendations of the Technical committee? Since we are no
 >> longer restricted to technical issues, I have a few choice things to
 >> say about the dcma, the us senate elections, and a local councilman,
 >> (not to mention Kashmir and Iraq), and I'd love to have the tech
 >> ctte seal on these pronouncements.

 Raul> Yes, of course you can.

	I think that would be wrong, to imply that a bunch of people
 had signed on to the draft document without asking them

 Raul> Of course, until the committee votes on them, they remain drafts that
 Raul> have not been approved by the committee.

 Raul> I think, however, that much of the disagreeing is a result of Branden's
 Raul> politicing.

	That is an insult. I am rarely swayed by Brandon's posturing,
 grand and picturesque though it often is. I can take umbrage
 by my own self as well.

 Raul> Personally, I've not spent enough time reading the details of what
 Raul> Ian and Branden have said to sort out which way's up.

 Raul> Which means I've probably not been paying enough attention.

 Raul> Personally, I think it's clear that Branden is upset.
 Raul> Personally, I'm not clear on what Branden is upset about, but I
 Raul> imagine other people are.
 Raul> Maybe I should spend some time figuring what the conflicting goals
 Raul> are, here?

	I suggest you actually read up on the issue before joining the
 discussion? I'll hold comment until you have caught up and are in a
 better position to know what you are talkijng about.

	manoj
--
 Love means nothing to a tennis player.