Re: RFS: hfsprogs - mkfs and fsck for HFS and HFS+ file systems

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 04:40:52PM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> I made a package for creating and checking HFS(+) filesystems. The basic
> information about this package is here

 Thanks for your quite well written explenation of the corelation of the
packages.  I take it that you have pretty well investigated the case and
would be more than willing to sponsor you, if you haven't found one yet.

 There is just one thing that I'd like to ask, and propably you can take
off the answer from the lists, I just send it there so people know that
the sponsoring gets handled.

> Please, note that the source for the package had to be repackaged due to
> its name not being conformant to the Debian policy. You can read more
> about it in my ITP message [*], posted this weekend.

 I've looked at the ITP and don't see anything about the source
repacking there, so:  In what way isn't it comformant to the policy?
Repacking the source doesn't sound like you have done anything with the
files in the package.  Why wouldn't a simple rename had been sufficient,
like for quite a lot of other packages in the pool?

> P.S.: I'm Cc'ing the PowerPC list because people there are some of those
> that need these applications the most.

 And well done because I'm not on -mentors. ;)

 So long,
Rhonda