Re: [Netboot] Ethernet Driver on 1.8GHz G5?

    "Francois" == Francois  <f.taiani@computer.org> writes:

    Francois> I'm now blocked with the Ethernet driver: debian
    Francois> installer can not detect automatically which ethernet
    Francois> card my G5 is using, so it asks me to pick a
    Francois> driver. I've tried sungem, sungen_phy and bmac, with no
    Francois> success. Debian installer brings me invariably back to
    Francois> the driver menu.

    Francois> Does someone know which driver I should use? Within Mac
    Francois> OS X, I only know that I'm using the "built-in" ethernet
    Francois> card, with no extra info.

I don't have exactly the same machine as yours, but here is what I
have when booting from the Debian 2.6.8 kernel (*not* the d-i kernel)
on a dual G5 (PowerMac7,3)

~$ dmesg | grep eth0
divert: allocating divert_blk for eth0
eth0: Sun GEM (PCI) 10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet 00:0d:93:6d:26:f8
eth0: Found BCM5421-K2 PHY
eth0: Link is up at 100 Mbps, full-duplex.
eth0: Pause is enabled (rxfifo: 10240 off: 7168 on: 5632)
eth0: no IPv6 routers present
:~$ lsmod | grep gem
sungem                 43140  0
crc32                   9216  1 sungem
sungem_phy             14592  1 sungem
~$ lspci | grep -i ether
0001:04:0f.0 Ethernet controller: Apple Computer Inc. K2 GMAC (Sun GEM)

You might want to go to the virtual terminal (Ctrl+Option+F2) and try
these commands to see what your kernel reports before and after you try
inserting the sungem driver (I don't recall if lspci is on the installer
disk though)

Cheers!
Shyamal