Re: Massiv kernel crashes on ibook/G4 1.33 GHz

Hello Ben!

Am 06.03.2005 um 00:19 schrieb Benjamin Herrenschmidt:

At the moment we run a memtester on a G4/400 for 5 days now and no
problems found -- but my customer has big problems with this computer
:-(

What kind of problems ?

Calm down ;-) - this bug is not Linux related - this computer has trouble with ISDN-reception and had some panics in the last few weeks and it runs Mac OS X. We tested a different ISDN modem - same problem. Yesterday i stopped memtester, 7 days, 24 hours a day I think this computer has no problem with memory :-) But what the h... makes this computer panic? Looks like it is becoming a never ending story.

BTW. Thanks for your work at the linux kernel. My linux machine went to my customer when his machine starts to panic. :-(

Bye,
Christoph

--
Dipl. Ing. Christoph Ewering
C & E Mediensysteme GmbH

Mersinweg 26                       Tel.:       05251 - 180 96 15
33100 Paderborn                 Fax.:      05251 - 180 96 16
eweri@cunde.de                  Mob.:     0173- 566 266 1
http://www.cunde.de
Erleben Sie iLife´05 live am 4. März 2005 bei uns:
Anmeldung und mehr Info´s zur Veranstaltung unter
http://www.cunde.de/aktuell/ilifeday/