Re: debian-powerpc digest ?

Moritz Armingeon <mort@bug.ch> schrieb:
> Do you mean the archives? They are available since 1997 in
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/ Did you mean that?

No. The Wiki page Djoume SALVETTI supplied was ok, but I couldn't find real answers to my problems.

Currently the keyboard section in my XF86Config looks like this:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "AutoRepeat"    "250 40"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "de"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "nodeadkeys"
#       Option          "XkbKeymap"     "macintosh"
        Option          "LeftAlt"       "Meta"
        Option          "RightAlt"      "Meta"
        Option          "ScrollLock"    "Compose"
        Option          "RightCtrl"     "Control"
#       Option          "XkbTypes"      "default"
#       Option          "XkbCompat"     "default"
#       Option          "XkbGeometry    "macintosh"
#       Option          "XkbSymbols"    "macintosh/de"
EndSection

As you can see I'm using a german layout. The problem is that I only see wierd characters when using the ALT key which usually is the modifier. So I suspect, that I only have to change the modifier to a correct value.
When I'm on a text-console and do a "ALT"-"8" a "{" appears. So the keymap on the console is right.

Maybe I should dig a little in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/symbols/macintosh/de ....

Thanks for your help.

*Kristian

--

  :... [snd.science] ...: