Re: Still seeing if hfsplus is reliable with recent kernels (was: Re: 2-4-21-rc3-benh0 - hfsplus)

I ran into trouble some time ago backing up data from a Linux server to a Mac running OS X. I wasn't previously aware that HFS+ was case insensitive. I solved the problem by using UFS. In my case the file system was never directly mounted by a Linux system.

OS X >= 10.3 supports case sensitive HFS+. You have to create the file system from the command line as the option is not available in the GUI tools.

Try creating a new file system using something like this:
$ newfs_hfs -v "Volume Name" -J -s /dev/devicename

Unfortunately I don't know if the Linux hfsplus module supports this.

Greg