Re: What is the package 'kernel-tree-2.6.6' for?

Roland Wegmann wrote:

<snip>

Debian has already patched, compiled and packaged the kernel for you,
so after installing kernel-image-2.6.6-powerpc you can start with
`reboot'.

<snip>

On <http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages> I found the package 'kernel-
tree-2.6.6'. Now, I would like to understand the additional benefits of
this package compared to 'apt-get install kernel-source kernel-debian-patch'.

Well, as Jens said already (assuming I understand it correctly ;-)),
kernel-tree-2.6.6 will install you the kernel itself as well, beside the
kernel-source and the applied patches. So basically you have an all in
one package.

Friendly

--
Bob Hentges - http://bob.hentges.lu/