Re: [OT] gcc manpage and reality...

> The yy_* variables sound like something that (f)lex and bison use.
> Perhaps you'll have to install them. You'll usually have a file with
> some unusual extension (like .lex or .l, I don't know what the
> convention is) that must be fed through flex for it to generate a
> lexical analyser of the tokens your program uses. And it is not unusual
> to use flex in conjunctino with bison (which generates syntatical
> analysers which, in turn, uses the lexical analysers generated by
> flex).

Yes, well, the problem actually comes from a variable used in a .l file, which
after being parsed by flex becomes lex.yy.c and is then moved to ldlex.c...
And the yy_current_buffer is tested in that .c file in an if loop.

> Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the platform you're using (and I
> have never had to use cross-compilation), so I can't help with the
> other points of your email.

I don't know if I have been clear enough: my platform is ppc, that's why I've
had to recompile the gnu tools provided as x86 binaries :-)

> Hope this helps more than to confuse you, Rogério.

It does only confirm what I thought, but that's already a lot :-)
Thanks for your help!

--
Alain Perry