Re: [OT] gcc manpage and reality...

On 11 de jun de 2004, at 14:30, Alain Perry wrote:
Since the binaries are for the i386 platform, I just thought I would
recompile them. However, the build fails on compilation of ld, because
of an undefined yy_current_buffer variable.

The yy_* variables sound like something that (f)lex and bison use. Perhaps you'll have to install them. You'll usually have a file with some unusual extension (like .lex or .l, I don't know what the convention is) that must be fed through flex for it to generate a lexical analyser of the tokens your program uses. And it is not unusual to use flex in conjunctino with bison (which generates syntatical analysers which, in turn, uses the lexical analysers generated by flex).

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the platform you're using (and I have never had to use cross-compilation), so I can't help with the other points of your email.

Hope this helps more than to confuse you, Rogério.