Re: Debian and X-Windows

Congratulations!  How do you like it?  I'm not sure if this will fix your
scroll wheel or not but I think you need this in the mouse section of your
XF86Config-4:
----------------------------------
Option		"Buttons" "5"
Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
----------------------------------

In case it helps you, here's my mouse section (I use a Kensington Trackball,
but I think this config is pretty generic for USB mouse w/scroll):

----------------------------------
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"AlwaysCore"
	Option		"USB Mice" "SendCoreEvents"
	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/input/mice"
	Option		"Protocol"		"IMPS/2"
	Option		"Buttons" "5"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
EndSection

One last thing, I don't know if Sarge includes KDE3.2 or not but if you don't
have it, do yourself a huge favor:

apt-get update; apt-get install kde

;-)

Sean