HFS+ rw and french keyboard under X

Hi list !

I recently encountered a little problem with my PB while trying to mount the
OSX partition. When I do so, the kernel tells me my hfsplus partition was not
cleanly unmounted, and I should run fsck.hfsplus on it. Of course, I don't
have any binary called like that on my HD, but when I try to run hpfsck (from
hfsplus-utils or something) it tells me my partition is not correct. The disk
utility from the OSX installation DVD says the partition is OK, so I'm feeling
a bit lost here. Any hint or suggestion ?

On another problem, I can't seem to be able to produce keys like a ~ or a |
under X11... and this is beginning to be a problem... My XF86Config-4 looks
like this :

Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
Option "XkbModel" "macintosh"
Option "XkbLayout" "fr"

Is there a variant I should specify or anything else ?

--
Le Sensei...