Re: HFS+ rw and french keyboard under X

Le Sensei... a dit:
> On another problem, I can't seem to be able to produce keys like a ~
> or a | under X11... and this is beginning to be a problem...

Coming from the x86 world, I have to admit switching from one keyb to
the other was a real pain in the ass. Not only ~ and | aren't easily
available, but also \ and [], which are mandatory if you use bash a bit.

Using mac fr_new as a keymap might help. You can find "new" keymaps on
http://www.linux-france.org/macintosh/clavier_rpm3.html (both for
console and X11).

Anyway, you should be able to obtain ~ with alt-shift-n, and | with
alt-shift-l (L, not 1, as I first thought :P).

As for the others symbols mentionned, I don't remember the default key
combinations, since I have set some other (PC-like) with xmodmap. Ask me
if you want my config files...

> My XF86Config-4 looks
> like this :
>
> Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
> Option "XkbModel" "macintosh"
> Option "XkbLayout" "fr"

After having copied the fr_new keymap in /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/macintosh,
I just changed my XkbLayout option accordingly:
Option          "XkbLayout"     "fr_new"

That's it,

--
mike dentifrice <fluor@arbornet.org>