Re: help PowerBook G4 sleep works.

> Oh, But suspend to disk is slower than ppc sleep function,
> If we can found the way do nVidia chip wakeup is better.

Sure it would...

> I has try to port suspend ppc,but not completed, I not family with powerpc
> assemble, So it's hard to do it.

It's on my todolist, shouldn't be that hard actually. Most of the CPU
context save/resume code is already there in the current sleep code,
except that we should exit from it for suspend-to-disk

> I has tested you 2.6.1-rc1-ben1 tree, but the rivafb still can't work in my
> laptop, how can i help you?

I'll get a more up to date version merged in soon, let me know if it
works at that point.

> > > I have a PowerBook G4 with linux 2.6.0 + fake sleep patch, Now most
> > > hardware after sleep can wakeup expect video card, attched file is
> > > the wakeuped dmesg.log.
> >
> > Which model of PowerBook G4 ?
> [hugang@:asm]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor       : 0
> cpu             : 7455, altivec supported
> clock           : 533MHz
> revision        : 3.3 (pvr 8001 0303)
> bogomips        : 530.54
> machine         : PowerBook6,1
> motherboard     : PowerBook6,1 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
> detected as     : 287 (PowerBook G4 12")
> pmac flags      : 0000000b
> L2 cache        : 256K unified
> memory          : 256MB
> pmac-generation : NewWorld
>

> > > By the way, Do you know the airpot status in linux?
> >
> > Airpot ? No ... Airport eventually :) Old airport is fully supported,
> > Airport Exteme isn't and will probably never be as it's a Broadcom chipset
> > and those guys basically aren't interested in seeing a linux driver for
> > their chipset.
> bad news. I heard other guys do Broadcom 4301 for linux with
> reverse-engineering. The Airport Extme is 4306? If the project has
> complete, the 4306 support in apple will be easy? is right?

Probably... You could help them :) The Apple driver has the
symbols in the code, so disassembling it is possible :)

Ben.