Re: help PowerBook G4 sleep works.

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 18:23:01 +1100
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 17:57, Hugang wrote:
> > Hi Benjamin Herrenschmidt:
> >
> > >From maillist, I heard you are working on a Open Fireware Emulator to
> > do soft-boot the video chip on wakeup, What's the status?
>
> That was just an idea, I didn't start working on that and will
> probably not have time for a long time.... For machines with an ATI
> chip, there is still hope I get something from ATI sooner or later.
> nVidia chips are hopeless, though I do intend at one point to implement
> suspend-to-disk...
Oh, But suspend to disk is slower than ppc sleep function, If we can found the way do nVidia chip wakeup is better.

I has try to port suspend ppc,but not completed, I not family with powerpc assemble, So it's hard to do it.

I has tested you 2.6.1-rc1-ben1 tree, but the rivafb still can't work in my laptop, how can i help you?

> > I have a PowerBook G4 with linux 2.6.0 + fake sleep patch, Now most
> > hardware after sleep can wakeup expect video card, attched file is
> > the wakeuped dmesg.log.
>
> Which model of PowerBook G4 ?
[hugang@:asm]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 7455, altivec supported
clock           : 533MHz
revision        : 3.3 (pvr 8001 0303)
bogomips        : 530.54
machine         : PowerBook6,1
motherboard     : PowerBook6,1 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 287 (PowerBook G4 12")
pmac flags      : 0000000b
L2 cache        : 256K unified
memory          : 256MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

> > By the way, Do you know the airpot status in linux?
>
> Airpot ? No ... Airport eventually :) Old airport is fully supported,
> Airport Exteme isn't and will probably never be as it's a Broadcom chipset
> and those guys basically aren't interested in seeing a linux driver for
> their chipset.
bad news. I heard other guys do Broadcom 4301 for linux with
reverse-engineering. The Airport Extme is 4306? If the project has
complete, the 4306 support in apple will be easy? is right?

thanks.

--
Hu Gang / Steve
RLU#          : 204016 [1999] (Registered Linux user)