Re: display backlight troubles on boot with iBook G4 12" (radeon 9200)

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 21:52, gian paolo ciceri wrote:

Hi all,
I've just setup 2.4.23-benh on sid (with radeonfb support).

When I boot, slighty after the openfirmware messages,
the display become very dark (like when you insists with F1
on macosx too much).

.../...

Why do you feel the need to post twice for the same problem
with a 1h interval ?

Thanks for the reply,
the double post is a mistake, of course: I'm sorry.
I had email troubles yest'd and so I wasn't sure the
message was really sent; if you note, the two posts are
different: it's because I believed I've lost the first
and so I've written the second from scratch.

What kernel version is this exactly ?

2.4.23-benh (I've rsync-ed from rsync.penguinppc.org::linux-2.4-benh
at mid-December).

Ben.

Perhaps I've to restart with a fresh source tree:
do you suggest to redo an rsync from your tree ?
(do you know where may I find a convenient .config for my HW (in particular radeon 9200) ?)

Actually I was able to have a quasi-working environment
(only console flickers) with 2.6.0-test11 and XFree86 from CVS.

This one is from
http://www.ppckernel.org/download/source/src-linuxppc-2.5-benh.tar.bz2

builded following the istruction at:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200312/msg00230.html