display backlight troubles on boot with iBook G4 12" (radeon 9200)

Hi all,
I've just setup 2.4.23-benh on sid (with radeonfb support).

When I boot, slighty after the openfirmware messages,
the display become very dark (like when you insists with F1
on macosx too much).

The boot process itself is o.k (I'm able to do ssh login)
but I'm not able to raise the brightness anymore.

Even gdm boot is fine, and if I switch from vt1 to vt7
I'm able to see, for a moment, the gdm display
(I'm using XFree86 cvs), but then the display darkens again.

If I boot with video=ofonly, the console is o.k.
(but in this case I'm not able to have a non-flickering
XF86Config-4).

I suppose a problem with my .config or an incorrect
openfirmware setting.

Any hint ? Anyone out there with my same HW willing
to share his/her .config ?

Thanks for your patience.
/gp

--
gian paolo ciceri - japanman
suddenthinks, excellence through refactoring