Re: TerraSoft PPC Motherboard.

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 00:07:01 -0500, Albert D. Cahalan composed:

> Statically link things used during the build.

> How desperate are you? Maybe you should go cook dinner while the
> kernel is compiling. Lack of food has been shown to cause death.

hehehhe, thanks. i'm not like desperate, but when i hear of other
people's kernel compilations taking under 2 hours never mind 10 minutes
or so, i started wondering if i could improve that time or not. looks like
i could do some of what you said (i already have xfs fs, and i think i
can make another drive (or part of one) a separate swap space). the
other software related things i can do too. gives me hope anyway hehe :)

simon