Re: changing extensions, a little OT perhaps.

On 26 Apr 2002 20:52:14 +0100
Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net> blurted in message
[🔎] 1019850735.2808.113.camel@dozo:

> On Fri, 2002-04-26 at 18:32, Bob Torres wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I recently transferred some MP3s from my MacOS desktop to my Debianppc
> > laptop.  There are no file extensions for these mp3 files, so they're
> > kind worthless for xmms in Linux.
> >

> for i in * ; do mv $i $i.mp3 ; done
>
> Or:
>
> for i in `find -type f | grep -v "\.mp3$"` ; do mv $i $i.mp3 ; done
>
> Untested, but should work... I think.

If you do use something like this, please be careful, and put $i in
quotation marks. Otherwise, any files with spaces in the filename will cause
problems...

do
mv "$i" "$i.mp3"

Regards
L.
--
 Liam Bedford | Greg: Can't you see you're all alcoholics?
--------------| Guv: Oi. We don't call them that. We call