Re: Audio Problems on an iBook

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Drake Diedrich wrote:

>    I suspend many times per day, and this would happen about once per week
> (the screaming iBook).  Removing the audio module on suspend and bringing it
> back in on wakeup removes the symptom - as long as you don't mind losing
> your audio settings each suspend (I've learned to prefer to have it come up
> muted by default each time I move: so just as well).

Yes, part of the code that I plan to add involves restoring the mixer
settings during reinitialisation of the tumbler.  Also, I suppose I'm not
the only one who finds the defaults to be entirely too loud :-)  They were
a guess at first, already corrected in my local CVS, so expect the next
settings to be more sane.  As always, suggestions are always welcome...

>    The last screaming iBook was at a Linux conference - fortunately between
> talks. Had people rushing up asking me if I knew what caused it (every iBook
> owner seemed to have experienced it).  Here's the suggested solution:

I suppose that I don't go anywhere particularly public where a screaming
TiBook would be embarrassing, so maybe that's why I haven't run into it
:-P  Then again, I don't get embarrassed by anything, so maybe that's a
contributing factor :-P