Re: lazy saturday notebook comparo (long)

[re libapm for pmud]

> Michael Schmitz ? If interest is shown in it, would that be possible to
> get it into a pmud-dev package or something alike ?

I think that's what I suggested to do last time.

> Because I reckon that if apmd doesn't get built anymore on ppc, we might
> run into some packages not compiling because libapm is missing (maybe
> the gnome and kde battery monitors that rely on an apm.h)
>
> Any thoughts ?

These apps should be fixed - the assumption that each architecture has
apmd is fundamentally flawed.

The argument 'some apps expect to be built against libapm' rather suggests
a different approach though: get the libapm and libapm-dev packages to be
built from your source on powerpc. Is it possible to have different source
packages (on different architectures) provide the same binary packages?
Aside from the version numbering mess, of course...

	Michael