Re: lazy saturday notebook comparo (long)

Michel Dänzer wrote:

Bastien Nocera wrote:

Maybe you should use battstat which works fine on my iBook, and can popup a dialog when the battery is under a certain level.

The GNOME battery monitor applet does that as well.

Oh, yes it does... I guess the fact that battstat is prettier (and that's pretty easy) has got me into overlooking Nat's fine piece of software ;)

Talking of which, would a libapm for ppc which supports both /proc/apm (or proc/pmu whichever) and the use of pmud to read battery stats be interesting for people on this list ?

I have already written both codes, and would just need to glue the code together (with a clever algorithm to lookup which one we want to use at run-time).

Michael Schmitz ? If interest is shown in it, would that be possible to get it into a pmud-dev package or something alike ?

Because I reckon that if apmd doesn't get built anymore on ppc, we might run into some packages not compiling because libapm is missing (maybe the gnome and kde battery monitors that rely on an apm.h)

Any thoughts ?

Cheers