Re: removing ybin/yaboot?

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 04:08:01PM +0530, Jonathan Lispton wrote:
> Howdy!
>
> I was told to remove ybin/yaboot (and Debian GNU/Linux) from one of our
> older G3 systems, in which MacOS X willl be installed; how should I proceed?

as in removing GNU/Linux all together?

I am sorry that is blasphemy, please stand by while profits of the
Church of GNU Emacs come to break your kneecaps ;-)

> Will installing MacOS X onto one of the partitions be enough to restore the
> "normal" boot process?

in the OSX installer select the disk partitioner program and
repartition the disk entirely, that will destroy and remove all
existing partitions (bootstrap and all).

ybin does not do anything to the hardware, it simply installs yaboot
into a bootstrap partition and performs necessary witchcraft to make
OF accept it as Holy.  all it does to OF is change the boot-device
variable, OSX will change it to its own partition regardless.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/