Re: Quicktime movies

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 07:23:58PM +0100, Damien GUIHAL wrote:
> I'd like to know if there is a video player available on debian PPC which
> would be able to play .mov (Apple Quicktime) files.

if they are sorenson like most are then forget it.

apple and sorenson just play a little game of pointing fingers at each
other.

sorenson: we can't even make a proprietary binary of our codec for
anything but apple because we have an anti-competitive contract with
apple.

apple: we can't provide even a proprietary binary of the sorenson
codec because we don't own it, sorenson does.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/