SCSI Disk Errors With Cron

Hi All,

I'd just like a quick confirmation of my assumption, please.  I have a
series of cron jobs that run from /etc/cron.daily at 6:25am.  They are
mostly log rotation scripts and such.  However, I get the following error in
my syslog just about every morning and it remounts the disk into read-only
mode, forcing me to log in and fix things.

kernel: SCSI disk error : host 0 channel 0 id 0 lun 0 return code = 8000000
kernel: Info fld=0x299408, Current sd08:07: sense key Recovered Error
kernel: scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:07, sector 2359624

Is this truly a problem with the disk (as I'm convinced that it's fine) and,
if so, is there a way I can fix it without having to buy a new one?

Thanks!

-Daryl