Re: Airport support in 2.4.x kernel

At 00:02 -0800 3/13/2001, Alan DuBoff wrote:
My only complaint so far is that if you leave the machine running, and close
the lid, it gets hotter than a well digger's @$$, when I open it, it seems
like you can fry and egg on the palm rest areas on each side of the
trackpad...In comparison to the Intel laptops that come pre-packaged with a
walk-in freezer pack on the CPUs, the PowerBooks seem to run very cool most of
the time (with the exception of the lid being closed when the machine is
running).

PowerBooks vent their heat through the keyboard. Don't close the lid without going into sleep or powering down or you'll destroy the machine -- a real bummer when playing MP3's through the stereo in the car.

I don't think sleep mode is supported on the latest PowerBooks yet so make sure you power down before closing the lid.

Kevin