Re: PowerMac G3 not booting after installation

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 06:27:33PM +0300, Mohamed Abdulbaset wrote:
> greetings,
>
> i have downloaded the 3 binary  CD images for the potato version and write
> them my self to CD's i boot from the firest CD and i went through installation steps till end but my
> system not rebooting from the harddisk.
> my computer is Power Mac G3,
>
> PLS. Assist me.

since you say you booted from the CD i assume this is a blue g3, in
this case you cannot run the `Make bootable from hard disk' step
becase that step is broken and useless on newworld (colored) hardware.
instead you need to run mkofboot manually as shown in the installation
documentation before rebooting for the first time. you also had to
have created a Apple_Bootstrap partition (800K) in order for that to
work.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/