Re: Pushing up daisies...

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 02:49:50PM +0000, Rob Andrews wrote:

> It's an iBook.

cold boot it and immediatly start holding down the command and power
key, keep them down and see if you here a tone, keep them down long
enough and you should get into OF.

someone told me in private mail that recent powerbooks use command
power as the interupt switch exclusivly, and thats how you install
firmware upgrades.

> Last time I did a firmware upgrade it didn't require such an action.

it probably does now.  some models didn't have this until after the
first firmware update.  according to apples docs firmware updates will
fail unless this is done.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/