Re: OF setting for Quik booting in a 7200

On  17 Feb, this message from Ethan Benson echoed through cyberspace:
> On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 01:45:51PM +0100, Michel Lanners wrote:
>> On  17 Feb, this message from Sebastiaan echoed through cyberspace:
>> > it took me a couple of days before I had figured out how it works. The
>> > solution was in the manpage of nvsetenv.
>> >
>> > This is what I did for my 7300:
>> > boot-device	scsi-int/sd@0:0
>> > boot-file	/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda2
>>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> When using nvsetenv, make sure to enclose your boot-file value in quotes
>> and add a space in front. The leading space is important as it specifies
>> a string in Forth. And OF is nothing else than a Forth interpreter ;-)
>
> boot-file should be redunant if you have a proper /etc/quik.conf
> though, quik is supposed to find its config file and go from that...

Depends. quik uses the boot-file as the label of the config to be
booted; i.e. it permits to select different kernels via the quik.conf
configuration file, but without the need to directly interact with OF on
the console.

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |