Re: OF setting for Quik booting in a 7200

On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 01:45:51PM +0100, Michel Lanners wrote:
> On  17 Feb, this message from Sebastiaan echoed through cyberspace:
> > it took me a couple of days before I had figured out how it works. The
> > solution was in the manpage of nvsetenv.
> >
> > This is what I did for my 7300:
> > boot-device	scsi-int/sd@0:0
> > boot-file	/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda2
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> When using nvsetenv, make sure to enclose your boot-file value in quotes
> and add a space in front. The leading space is important as it specifies
> a string in Forth. And OF is nothing else than a Forth interpreter ;-)

boot-file should be redunant if you have a proper /etc/quik.conf
though, quik is supposed to find its config file and go from that...

also i have recently found out that beige g3s need the load-base
changed to 0x600000, and generally need the darwin OF patches
installed into nvramrc.

but DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT change the load-base on any newworld or
OpenFirmware 3.x.x machine!!

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/