Re: help

On Friday 09 February 2001 09:49, Leandro Dutra wrote:
> > From: Sven LUTHER [mailto:luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr]

> > > OpenOffice yes, StarOffice no.
> >
> > StarOffice don't compile on PPC, form what I have heard,
>
> 	Last time I checked I think *OpenOffice* build 613 compiled, if I
> read it right.  StarOffice 4.X had a Mac OS port, and that was all.

It's not packaged for Debian, but penguinppc.org claims it at least partially
works:

	http://penguinppc.org/files/pub/openoffice/

From their README:

OpenOffice 613B port for PPC Linux
----------------------------------
Announcing the release of the port of OpenOffice 613
(formerly Star Office) to PPC Linux.

OpenOffice is under continuous development.  So please
do not use this piece of software and then complain
that you "lost everything".  You have been WARNED!

Please see http://www.openoffice.org for more info
about the status of OpenOffice

Rick Cook
--