Re: DynaMo 1.3Gb for the PowerBook G3

 David Brown wrote:

>The DynaMO 640 works quite well on a 1999 G3 powerbook.
 Good.

>SCSI 1, 2 or 3 can be a confusing question to ask.  Are you asking about
>protocol, electrical, or connector.  The 25 and 50 pin connectors are 8 bit
>devices, whereas the 68 pin devices are 16 bit devices.  Your G3 should
>work with any 8 bit SCSI interface-- with the proper cable.

I see that the PowerBook G3 1999 has a 30pin output, so it must be an
8bit
SCSI. On the other hand, SCSI-1, SCSI-2, FastSCSI (10MB/sec), UltraSCSI
(20MB/sec) and Ultra2SCSI (40MB/sec) are all 8bit wide, so what is the
one
on the PowerBook G3 1999?

On the drivers/support issue, I am still puzzled. I think I will go
for the parallel interface (SCSI), and get rid of all the problems with
the new serial interfaces (USB and FireWire).

 Sergio