Re: Serial terminal emulation

Hi,

Return for :
>From: Adrian Dascalu <office@fastdigitech.ro>
on " Serial terminal emulation "
date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:30:17 +0300 >>>

>Hi,
>Another novice question:
>
>I have booted my RS6k without video card and ps/2 kbd and still it
>doesn't show anything on Hyperterm (attached with null modem cable, 9600
>8N1). Any sugestion ?

It seems that keyboard is the key of serial console.
If not keyboard, serial console is on.

On PowerStack, serial console works when there are no kbd and vga
connection.

RS/6000 may be the same.
But I have not try to do it on my 830.

Best regards.
Kaz Aoshima = Editor of the PReP station
Material development, Faculty of engineering,
Tohoku University, Japan
E-mail:aoshimak@mail.cc.tohoku.ac.jp
#I would appreciate if you could give me suggestions
 for my impolite English expressions.