2.4.0-test6 ppp trouble

Greetings,

I just built and installed a 2.4.0-test6 kernel, and with the attached
patch it builds and boots just fine.  The only trouble is that PPP
doesn't work.

So I got the binary ppp PPC package from woody, which is version
2.4.0f-1, and the changelog.gz file mentions things which require 2.3.99
kernels, so that's supposed to work with 2.4 right?  But it doesn't.
Like 2.3.11, as soon as chat is done and the serial channel is
established, it hangs up.

What am I doing wrong?  Does the woody ppp need to be built with new
kernel headers, e.g. a new libc?  There's no dependency violation when
I install it.

Oh- this new ppp works just fine with a 2.2 kernel.

Thanks,

-Adam P.