Re: iBook Trackpad

James Sasitorn wrote:

> Anyone know how to get the trackpad setup on an ibook, both on console
and
> in X?

I have replaced /dev/usbmouse and /dev/mouse with symlinks to
/dev/input/mice,
following the instructions linked to from Benjamin Herrenschmidt's web
page at
http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh/ .  Then I used the IMPS/2 protocol it
recommends.  Also, there is a trackpad utility included in the power
management
RPM package that works for iBooks, even though the power management
doesn't.
Does anyone else use any other kernels than the ones from Benjamin
Herrenschmidt?  I would like to know of any alternatives, although they
work
perfectly, I'm not sure if they are the right ones to use.  Thanks.
Have Fun.