Re: USB and Palm

David Brown wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 10:30:33AM +1200, Stephen Judd wrote:
>
> >       USB new device connect, assigned device number 1
> >
> > but there is no matching /dev/usb*, which is what I was expecting.
> >
> > There's definitely SOME sort of successful USB support, because I'm
> > using a USB mouse (which shows up as /dev/usbmouse).
>
> What kind of USB to serial adaptor do you have.  The 2.4.x kernel has
> support for a few of these, but it is actively under development.  If you
> are interested in experiementing, download a development kernel and look at
> the configuration, it describes the devices that support is being developed
> for.

There's a standard one that 3Com ship for anyone with a USB port and a
Palm cradle - they don't actually have a USB cradle for Palms, so this
is their solution. I don't know what "kind" it is tho.

The last time I built a 2.4.x kernel the video borked horribly; there
was a flashing cross on the screen, it would respond to keyboard input
well enough for me to type "shutdown -r now" and that was it. I guess I
could try again :)

Stephen