Re: USB and Palm

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 10:30:33AM +1200, Stephen Judd wrote:

> 	USB new device connect, assigned device number 1
>
> but there is no matching /dev/usb*, which is what I was expecting.
>
> There's definitely SOME sort of successful USB support, because I'm
> using a USB mouse (which shows up as /dev/usbmouse).

What kind of USB to serial adaptor do you have.  The 2.4.x kernel has
support for a few of these, but it is actively under development.  If you
are interested in experiementing, download a development kernel and look at
the configuration, it describes the devices that support is being developed
for.

Dave Brown