Re: libmoto PowerPC-optimized math library?

"C.M. Connelly" wrote:

> "MD" == Michel Daenzer <daenzerm@student.ethz.ch>
>
>    MD> I've just replaced -lm in the Makefiles by -lmoto, and I've
>    MD> noticed that the binary is still dynamically linked against
>    MD> libm - is there anything else I have to do for libmoto to
>    MD> be used?
>
> The README file that accompanies libmoto says that you should use
> it by adding ``-lmoto'' *before* the ``-lm''.  The order is
> important: the linker loads functions from libraries in the order
> that it finds them, and ignores duplicate functions.
>
> You still need ``-lm'', too: libmoto only specifies a subset of
> the functions provided by the math library, and if the linker
> doesn't find the functions it needs, it will blow up.

I have replaced -lm by -lmoto everywhere; the binary is still dynamically
linked against libm - I suppose another dynamic library drags it in. Do the
libmoto functions have precedence over libm in this case?

> Depending on where you've placed the library, you may also need to
> add something like ``-L/usr/local/lib/libmoto'' before the
> ``-lmoto'' flag.

I've alienated an RPM, so it's in /usr/lib/ .

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project