Re: libmoto PowerPC-optimized math library?

Hadess wrote:

> > > Of note is the fact that there is very little difference between
> > > the benchmark results with no extra math library and with the
> > > libmoto library except for the Fourier transform test, where
> > > there's a pretty dramatic difference (improvement of about 3X with
> > > libmoto over no special library).
> >
> > This rings a bell here. "MP3 encoding" :)
>
> My bell says images and video (and also mp3, sure =). Although I don't know
> which algorithm is used in most of these formats. Fourier or Huffman.

MP3 encoding certainly uses Fourier, the question is how important it is...

I've tried building lame 3.83 with libmoto, and it seems to make no real
difference :(

I've just replaced -lm in the Makefiles by -lmoto, and I've noticed that the
binary is still dynamically linked against libm - is there anything else I
have to do for libmoto to be used?

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project