Re: libmoto PowerPC-optimized math library?

Quoting Michel Dänzer <daenzerm@student.ethz.ch>:

> "C.M. Connelly" wrote:
>
> > Of note is the fact that there is very little difference between
> > the benchmark results with no extra math library and with the
> > libmoto library except for the Fourier transform test, where
> > there's a pretty dramatic difference (improvement of about 3X with
> > libmoto over no special library).
>
> This rings a bell here. "MP3 encoding" :)

My bell says images and video (and also mp3, sure =). Although I don't know
which algorithm is used in most of these formats. Fourier or Huffman.

The huffman encoding in the libmoto and libmass is quite slow (read not really
optimized). I'm still pretty sure that some people in IBM would be able to help
us, given their work for Linux on the RS/6000.
Anybody's got contacts in IBM ?

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux/

> Do you think the loss of accuracy would matter for that?
>

> Michel

/Hadess
http://hadess.net