Re: powermac clock on 7200

Martin Costabel wrote:

> No longer necessary: The newer kernels [1] have a driver for /dev/rtc
> that lets you use the standard hwclock utility from util-linux. Just
> choose CONFIG_PPC_RTC=y when compiling your kernel (or choose
> CONFIG_PPC_RTC=m and patch a small bug in arch/ppc/kernel/ppc_ksyms.c)
>
> [1] 2.2.17preX since X=5; recent 2.4.0-test from bitkeeper and Paul's
> trees.

Well that does not help me too much since I cannot get anything past 2.2.14 to
run on my system (I'm one of those nasty powermac 7200/quik users). Does anyone
have any idea which is to blame, quik or the new kernels, or both? I think I am
going to havve to look into it if I want to get any newer kernels running on my
machine. What do I need to compile linux on my powerpc? Where can I get the
source?
    Just one more thing... how does the clock stuff effect using rdate? should
rdate still work properly even with hwclock not being used?

--
Can you discern the signs of the times? || www.danielrevelation.com
Do you see the storm fast approaching?  || www.sundaylaw.com