Re: Thoughts about src-dep implementation

Previously Roman Hodek wrote:
> Here are some thoughts how source dependencies can be reasonbly
> implemented for now, and kind of a vision for the future:

I wonder though, if we are going to do this if it might not make sense
to rethink the whold sourcepackage-format we have now anyway. I would
really like to have things like multiple patches supported without
having to mess around with putting patches in the debian/ subdir (no
offence to dbs, but putting diffs in the .diff.gz doesn't strike me as a
good approach).

The current format is indeed extensible enough to put all this stuff in
(and you proposal looks fine), but I would be happier if we did this
properly and in combination with a new format.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |