Re: RFC: Emacs add-on packages and make.

Hi,
>>"Ian" == Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

Ian> I find it very strange that people want to compile these things
Ian> in the postinst.  Surely the point of having binary packages is
Ian> so that programs don't have to be compiled on the user's system,
Ian> with all the difficult issues that that creates ?

Ian> Is there something I'm missing here ?  Perhaps this has been
Ian> discussed before, in which case I apologise for missing it and
Ian> asking now.

	Please look at the emacsen policy for all flavours of Emacs
 and add-on packages, which is bundled in with the emacsen-common
 package.

	This was indeed debated for a while, and decided on in this
 list. The solution does have advantages, though it also has the
 drawbacks you pointed out.

	One may have a more meaningfull discussion after you have read
 the document in question.

	manoj
--
 Things are always at their best in the beginning. Pascal