Re: RFC: Pending changes in dh-make-perl

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 11:19 AM, gregor herrmann
<gregor+debian@comodo.priv.at> wrote:

>  I'm not sure any more (although I made this change) if we should
>  already bump dh_compat now. As sgran has explained very well on IRC
>  that might make backporters try to find out a specific reason why 6
>  is used, which just takes time.

In fact, I was hit by exactly this problem a few days ago, while
trying to help a guy on irc backport some package to sarge. Tracking
down why a package bumped dh_compat (specially for complex packages)
takes time.. and in this case, it was just because it's the newest.

--
Martín Ferrari